Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Finally Getting Somewhere... Maybe


I finally got around to e-mailing Terri for some tips on getting a cheap fare to Thailand. I have never bought a one-way ticket somewhere, but they can be pretty pricey when flying overseas.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a one-way flight to BKK for $604 (including tax) through BT-Store.com. The itinerary flies the first leg on Virgin Atlantic to London-Heathrow (day trip into the city to spend my extra pounds from September?), on to Amman, Jordan, then Bangkok. I've never flown east to get to Thailand before, but the fly time is about the same as flying west with a stop in Japan or South Korea.

The other site Terri suggested for a cheap ticket was Student Universe. All you need to book a flight is a student e-mail account. I used them when I flew to Rome for my cousin's wedding, and tickets were definitely about $50 cheaper than anywhere else.

They had a one-way ticket for $660, but think of all the foods from carts I can get with that extra $50 savings! Plus, Logan flew Virgin Atlantic when we went to London, and you get free drinks for the entire flight... and ice cream!

It is exciting to know we'll have a permanent date for our move set soon. It gives us something tangible to work towards. Now, just 5 months to weed out 4 years of accumulating ephemera around the house!


See you soon, traffic!

No comments: