Thursday, September 10, 2009

When I'm Not Working, I'm Sleeping

Fish cakes anyone?

So last month, the aunt we were avoiding was hit by a van and died. A couple crazy weeks of family drama and guilt ensued (i.e. my parents and mom's family were in town). Then I started work, only to learn less than a week before school opened that I would be downgraded back to preschool for which I had prepared nothing!

Managing seventeen 3 year olds has been pretty draining, and the days are the standard teacher ups and downs (feeling totally inadequate vs. clearly identifying gains in knowledge). I'm still counting the days 'til my first paycheck (20 days!) and midterm break (36 days!). Even though we no longer observe the fall season, I would like to thank the upcoming fall tv schedule for giving me something to veg out to when I get home from work.

In other news, lolo started the Brilliant Pebbles album art before we left Chicago, and it finally went to print last month. If you're in Chicago, go to the release party at Subterranean on September 26th and appreciate the Bootlegflyers artwork I know you've been missing!
Oh, you should also buy it because it features my hands on the cover!

Last but not least, since I'm too tired to upload and too lazy to type, bliss out on this picture I stole from LO RIder's fancy French honeymoon (and get a little travel envy of course!):

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What do preschoolers learn anyway? How does one prepare for that?! I remember picking up some spatial skills (which have barely progressed since that time - hah!), colors, numbers, maaaaybe the alphabet.... and lots and lots of playtime (big bricks to build forts and such were my favorite). I think I also had a weird epiphany when I was coloring in my Mr. T coloring book and realized that even though Mr. T was black, I actually needed the brown crayon to capture his skintone accurately. Whoa.

Matt said...

Last night was the best Brilliant Pebbles show I've ever seen!


Greg from Lovely Little Girls was shooting video, so if it ends up on the internets I'll send along the link

pomomo said...

Kelly, I started the year off wondering the same thing! Hopefully most of my kids will be identifying a small number of sounds and will be able to read short words by the end of the year. But I would be happy with no crying, hitting and booger eating! If only Mr. T could come to my room and make the sit in a circle nicely!

Matt, please do let us know if there's a video out there! Logan has his first club gig on Saturday, so maybe I will take a short video to share, and we can all pretend to be in the same room for a minute. :)