Monday, February 22, 2010

Dusty Fingers in Bangkok


Last week while searching the wholesale fabric market, I got a chance to check out an old school Thai record store. Seems the owner used to be a DJ and run a label so the space was stacked high with LP's, 12's and 45's. There were Thai, Chinese and Western records plus some other odd finds too. Aside from the Thai gems I was suprised to see a Visage record and nice copy of "Error in the System" which is the one Peter Shilling record everyone should own. Below are a few choice pics. Check out the full flickr set for more.

We all though this looked like a recent Dj Quik record, perm and all!

Diamonds and mullets need I say more?

I don't think the phrase "less is more" translates in Thai. As made apparent in this homage to Nagel.

How many stores do you know of that still sell Boys II Men on bootlegged cassette?

No comments: