
I was perusing Amazon for Thailand guides and language books when I noticed an advertisement for a website claiming it had a free language program. I'm generally paranoid about getting a virus on my PC at work, but since I'm running a Mac at home, whatever!
Byki has over 70 language programs. I downloaded the one for Thai, and it is pretty good. I've been lazy about using it more often, but it is helpful to hear how things are pronounced, plus you can slow the pronunciations down. It also shows you how things are spelled. That has not helped me out so much, as I have always had a horrible memory of the Thai alphabet and was incapable of learning how the letters formed words in Thai school (I did learn how to catch crickets and feign singing what I thought were the lyrics to the Thai national anthem though!).
In conclusion, Byki seems to be a decent, free software (there is an upgraded version you can pay for) for conversational language, not so much grammatical stuff. That is my half-hearted endorsement!
No comments:
Post a Comment