I'm beginning to notice that, while the BTS is convenient, it will not take you to the Grand Palace area near the Chao Phraya river. On the other hand, Le Fenix is near some of the big clubs (if you're into that kind of thing), and the BTS will take you to the large weekend market, Chatuchak aka JJ, where we plan on going to tomorrow! I guess you can take a taxi anywhere, but I hate being stuck in traffic.
Anyway, the roof bar is called The Nest.

It looks a little nicer on the website. The seats have definitely seen wear from general weather conditions and drunk people spillage. Also, a lot of the seating is pointing east, which I feel defeats the purpose of being on a roof of a place that is primarily open during and after sunset.
It was still nice to kick off the old shoesies and enjoy the view from one of their many daybeds. My recommendation would be to go during dusk because there are more seating options, and it can be quite hot out still if you go right when they open at 5.
Since cheap Thai whiskey is the most common hard liquor you'll find here, it was nice to switch up the routine. Beware though! In places like this that are geared towards foreigners, you will pay a U.S. price and be expected to tip!
Our total tab, including tip, was about $35 for 2 drinks, 2 beers and a bottle of water. Pretty steep considering we can have a full lunch at the food court for about $3USD, but it's ok to treat yourself once in a while!
6 comments:
those cocktail glasses are really sweaty! you should treat yourselves to more than just some sort of expensive drinks. kind of curious to know what the main brand of bottled water there is. one of those things that changes in every country/region.
Those ice-glass things are brilliant!
the brand of water looks like it might be what I was mostly drinking in HK - the local coca-cola bottled water... that I can't remember the name of. :)
ding ding ding! kelly is correct. the brand on the table is coca-cola's "namthip" brand. "nam" meaning water in thai.
also popular is nestle's "pure life," thai singha (same company as the beer), and in fancier joints, evian in glass bottles.
the ice bowls were great for keeping the drinks cold, but yes, sweaty is unavoidable here. logan also refused to remove the glass inside the bowl while drinking until some extremer spillage started to happen. ice crotch!
"oh, like at that gigantic white man that peed his pants!"
I meant to say "look at that"
Joke ruined by typo!
Post a Comment