Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bangkok or Bust!

Friends, I had so many delicious pictures of food and hijinks to share, but our routine was rudely interrupted for a no-notice-given, emotionally exhausting "trip" to my mom's hometown, Cha Uat aka the Hellmouth (shout out to the comic nerds!). The town is locate 12 hours south of Bangkok by train, or one hour by plane to Nakhon Si Thammarat, then another hour driving south. We had the "joy" of experiencing both modes of transport.

After being stuck in Depressingville for 4 days with the spinster aunts, a grandmother too embarrassed to be seen with lolo the farang and nary a soul who understood our American repartee, we were happy to return to our little apartment in the big city, which has internet, a real shower and a lock on the door that we actually have a key to! Anyway, I will leave it to Logan to fill you in on the details after he re-edits some videos from the "trip."

I will try my best to answer all questions posed! For now, I have selected a few.

1) Mexican food? Tacos?! Maybe on Khao San Road, Matt, but we are not craving the Euro/American/Aussie trash lifestyle enough to make the trip.... yet! In the meantime, all we have is the delectable sensation of Dr. Taco:


2) The blingy, blingity coronation hat you speak of is known as Phra Maha Pichai Mongkut, The Great Crown of Victory:

While the hat may bring about the most compliments, let's not forget about all of the other pomp one gets while being crowned!

Props to the big umbrella thing aka the Bahadrabith Throne:

Enemies attacking? Don't worry! The king has got our back with The Sword of Victory:

Crap, you say it's hot season and the mosquitoes are nipping at your ankles?! Perfect solution - Royal Fan AND Fly Whisk:

For more details, you can read up on the Royal Regalia here!

3) Remember the great bathing suit debate? After this weekend, I have decided.... bathing suit all the way! In fact, I wish I had one this past weekend because I would have done about anything to get black listed from my mom's family... and of course, we were on a gorgeous beach in perfect weather fully clothed. Worst trip ever!

4) Of course we have more pictures of yummy foods, but I will have to save that for a later date because I do not feel like battling the wireless for upload time right now. Sorry! I'll try to make up for it!


In other news, no one has asked us about the multitude of Manladies! Boygirls! Shemales! The caliber is astounding! This Friday, May 15th from 22:30 - 00:30, we will be tuning into channel 7 for the live broadcast of Miss Tiffany's Universe 2009 pageant of Thailand's best tranny ladies!
Results to follow!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Miss Tiffany's Universe - who is Miss Tiffany? Is that like Jane, the go-to generic name for all shemales? Also, I think we need to see some clips of that.

matt said...

Hey whatabout the lovely Ms. Tiffany Chicago? Why go for a Thai Ladyboy when you can have an obese dude from Little Village with a 5 o'clock shadow?

And does Thailand have a delicious contribution to the world of dumplings? Like peirogi or mandu? because I fucking love dumplings.